How To Be Free Through Deliverance
Writer: David Middleton | www.doersoftheword.org/deliverance_center.html
A. Prerequisites For Deliverance
- (1) Willing to be free - doing what it takes to get free and stay free
- (2) Motive is to serve the Lord - not just get free
- (3) Submit and humble yourself to God
- (4) Confession and repentance of sin - willing to deal with every area of your life
- (5) Absolute commitment to Jesus as your Lord and Master
- (6) Submission to the pastor and the program designed to help you stay free
NOTE: In these end times point six to be in submission to your pastor will rarely be possible. Jesus Christ is your pastor. Submit to HIM! -POR Admin-
B. Understand These Facts
- (1) You have authority over all demons.
- (2) You cast out demons in the NAME OF JESUS.
- (3) Demons leave you primarily with releases out of the mouth such as yawns, coughs, sighs, burps, etc. There is little information in the Bible concerning how the demons came out. In two cases, demons left through the mouth - Mark 1:26And when the unclean spirit had torn him, and cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.Mark 1 verse 26 (with a loud voice) and Mark 9:20And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.Mark 9 verse 20 (foaming out of the mouth).
- (4) Demons come out of your soul (will, intellect and emotions) and body. When you got born-again, you received a new spirit, the spirit of Jesus Christ. Demons are not in your spirit but are in your soul and body.
- (5) Demons will try to re-enter you.
- (6) Demons can only re-enter you if you continue in sin.
- (7) Demons can enter through thoughts, words, or actions of sin if you do not REPENT quickly - ("place" means a place of residence).
- (8) Deliverance is a progressive walk, not an event. You must consistently cast out the network of demonic spirits in area after area of your life.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues. Mark 16:17
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished. Matthew 12:43-44
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. John 5:14
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil. Ephesians 4:26-27
By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land. Exodus 23:30
C. What One Does For Effective Deliverance
- (1) Bind the devil and all demons within you and around you.
- (2) Confess your sins and receive forgiveness and cleansing from all unrighteousness.
- (3) Break curses that have come upon you due to your own sins and break inherited curses that have come upon you due to the sins of your forefathers in past generations. Declare the remission of your sins and the sins of your forefathers. This breaks any legal hold the demons might claim to try to stay in you or to affect your life any further.
- (4) Cast out the demons continually with the NAME OF JESUS until they come out (you know they have come out as they leave with manifestations out of the mouth).
- (5) Pursue the entire network of demons continually and destroy them all until they are underfoot and you are free.
Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. Matthew 12:29
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9
The LORD [is] longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing [the guilty], visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth [generation]. Numbers 14:18
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; [and] whose soever [sins] ye retain, they are retained. John 20:23.