The Jezebel Spirit
The Jezebel Spirit
Writer: Pastora Malou Galang | 10 March 2002 | jtrf.org
Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons. These people are hypocrites and liars, and their consciences are dead. 1 Timothy 4:1-2 (NLT)(verse 1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
(verse 2) Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;1 Timothy 4 (KJV) verses 1-2
The Bible says in the last days, many will fall. It is not a guarantee that if you are serving the Lord for a long time, you will enter the kingdom of God.
Seducing Spirits - misleading spirit. Satan is the father of lies. He will use the seducing spirit so many will fall. This spirit looks like an angel of light.
What is a Jezebel Spirit?
Jezebel Spirit — a controlling spirit who leads people astray.
But I have this complaint against you. You are permitting that woman--that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet--to lead my servants astray. She teaches them to commit sexual sin and to eat food offered to idols. Revelation 2:20 (NLT)Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.Revelation 2 (KJV) verse 20
Characteristics of a Jezebel spirit
Controlling Spirit — Dominates another person for personal gain.
Principal Methods used to Control
- Emotional manipulation - rage, tears, silence, pouting, facial expressions appear because of disgust.
- Spiritual manipulation - instead of being edified, you were controlled instead.
Attacks, Controls, Dominates or Manipulates Authority Figures like Husbands, Pastors or Boss'
He likes to control those people because if the leader falls, and order is destroyed, everything goes with it. If there is disorder in the place, God is not there, because God is a God of order. They find it hard to succumb to whoever is in power. They control with sarcasm, sharp tongue and endless demands.
Causes Fear, Fright, and Discouragment
They can make you feel discouraged about something which will keep you away from church or your ministry.
- Debilitating discouragement
Insecure and Pronounced Ego Needs
They need to be pampered with compliments. They need to be popular. They need to be needed. He makes others depend on him. They are perfectionist and legalistic.
How to Avoid the Jezebel spirit
- Personal submission to God for him to develop Godly character rooted in humility.
- God directed submission to your God-given family covering.
- Submission to the order of spiritual authority in the church where God has placed you.
When a woman is submitted to her husband, Jezebel tactics cannot affect their marriage. When the body of believers is submitted to it's leader the church will grow and develop into a beacon of light in the dark simple world around it.
Promises when we overcome the Jezebel spirit
- God will give us authority. He will give us power.
- God will give us the power to rule.
- God will give us the morning star.
Ask yourself these questions to see if you are being influenced by the Jezebel Spirit
- Do you want to have the final and utmost voice?
- Do you conive and cheat to get ahead?
- Do you hate the straight talking preaching?
- Do you get jealous of others popularity, gifts and anointing?
- Do you constantly speak against and wrestle with God's leaders?
- Do you always try to dominate and overpower your husband, boss, pastor and friend?
- Do you get bitter or mad because you personally can't be close or be an intimate friend with your pastor?
- Do you get offended when you are corrected, and because of that strike out against the leadership?
- Do you see yourself out to get things, money, prestige, position or popularity at any cost?