Page updated 20 Dec 2015
Join the Army of the Lord
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit
Please note that while we at POR believe in the 'baptism of the Holy Spirit' according to the scriptures in Acts we do not believe in all the shaking, 'holy' laughter, weird manifestations and knocking people out that the counterfeit churches are trying to justify. There is NO EVIDENCE or SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT in the Bible for this nonsense! What these people are doing and witnessing is all demonic and of the occult! Read about the kundalini spirit. -Admin-
pages to read
The Bible tells us that we have three distinct parts to our being – body, soul, and spirit. Here is the verse specifically telling us this:
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thessalonians 5:23
Your body is your natural, physical, flesh body. Your soul is located on the inside of your body. Your soul is who you really are. It is your total personality – it is your mind, will, emotions, and intellect. Your soul is spirit in form, which means it cannot be seen by any natural means. It is completely invisible to the naked eye.
On the inside of your soul is your spirit. The Bible refers to our human spirit as being our "innermost being." I believe another word for our human spirit is "heart." When people refer to having had a broken heart in a romantic relationship that has been dissolved, a broken heart is really a "wounded spirit."
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet [given]; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:38-39
When we receive Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes and enters into our human spirits. Our spirits are thus baptized with His actual presence at the exact moment of our salvation with the Lord. This is the baptism that the Bible is talking about when it says that there is only one baptism.
I believe this is what Paul was referring to when he commands us to be "filled with the Spirit."
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord. Ephesians 5:18-19
And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. Acts 2:1-4
This verse tells us that the Holy Spirit literally lives on the inside of each of us.
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 1 Corinthians 3:16
For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:18
And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us. 1 John 3:24
The first and greatest gift you can receive is the gift of eternal salvation when you accept and receive Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
The Benefits of Being Baptized in the Holy Spirit
- Deepen your personal relationship with the Lord.
- Greater hunger to study the Word of God.
- Jesus will help you learn the Word of God. It is amazing how often words and phrases or stories will leap off the pages to enlighten you.
- God's anointing.
- Improves your prayer life with the Lord.
- The Nine Fruits of the Holy Spirit (love, joy, peace, self-control, faithfulness, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, and gentleness). Read Galatians 5:22-23(verse 22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(verse 23) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.Galatians 5 verses 22-23 and Ephesians5:9(For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)Ephesians 5 verse 9.
- The Nine Gifts of the Holy Spirit (the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, prophecy, the gift of tongues, the interpretation of tongues, the discerning of spirits, the working of miracles, the gifts of healing, and the gift of faith). Read
1 Corinthians 12:7-11(verse 7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
(verse 8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
(verse 9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
(verse 10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
(verse 11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.1 Corinthians 12 verses 7-11.
NOTE: Beware that Satan too has a counterfeit of all these things of God! Satan works through false teachers, false prophets, witch doctors and the like. Anyone can FAKE all these things and THEY DO! If you are genuinely spirit filled by the Lord Jesus Christ then HE WILL help you to discern what spirit people are operating in.
How to Receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- You must have the right motive. God knows already why you want it so you cannot fool Him.
- Do you sincerely desire it.
- Fully surrender your whole life to the Lord (body, soul, and spirit).
- Then it is time to 'clean house.' Ask God to bring to your mind any hidden sins and be willing to lay it all out before God. Confess your sins. Any involvement in the occult whether from your past or the present time needs to be stopped and repented of. I would suggest taking a look at the renounciation prayers that we have shared on this website and if anything there applies to you then take this time to repent.