Page updated 26 Jan 2016
Prophecies of Revelation
The Tribulation Period
- Are you ready to meet King Jesus?
- Revelation Prophecies [youtube or godtube]
- 7 Future Events That Will Shake the World
- Tribulation [music video.]
- What Happens After the Rapture [youtube, godtube or vimeo]
- What to do if you're left behind [Segment 1, Segment 2, Segment 3]
- What to expect during the tribulation period [youtube or godtube]
- Will the church go through the tribulation
pages to read
Writer: NR Caetta
After the rapture of the church (the body of believers are taken up into Heaven by God), then a 7 year tribulation period will begin.
These events that will happen were revealed to John the Apostle by Jesus Christ. The seals being opened are conflict on earth, famine, death, and cosmic disturbances. The seven trumpets or judgments sounding represent terrible hail, fire, water turning to blood, all the fish in the ocean die, heaven and earth will be shaken. Locusts from the bottomless pit will be turned loose on the earth to torment those who have the mark of the antichrist on them. The man of sin, or antichrist, will be ruling the nations of the world and controlling every person. This man will claim to be God and demand that everyone worship him or be killed, but at the end of the seven years an angel comes down from Heaven seizes Satan, throws him into the bottomless pit, and chains him up for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3).
And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season. Revelation 20:1-3
This marks the beginning of the 1,000 year reign of Christ which is called the Millennial Reign.
- Revelation 6 through Revelation 19- speaks about the 7 seals, and the 7 trumpets which are the judgments.
- Revelation 20- speaks about Satan being chained up for 1,000 years.
- Ezekiel 38- tells of all the nations coming to battle against Israel during the tribulation period.
- Ezekiel 39- God steps in and saves Israel and destroys Russia coming down from the north, and the other nations of the world.
- Matthew 24- Jesus gives us some signs to warn us before this tribulation period begins.
- 2 Peter 3:10- tells about the day of the Lord and what will happen to the heaven and earth.
But the Day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat. The earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 2 Peter 3:10
Daniel 7 through Daniel 12- tells of Daniels vision, the invading armies. Chapter 11:36-39 describes the king or antichrist- he will have no desire for women. Chapter 12 continues the prophecy on end times.
Revelation: Bowls of Wrath
Watch on youtube
And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished; for that which is determined shall be done.
Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall magnify himself above all. But in his place shall he honor the god of forces; and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honor with gold and silver, and with precious stones and pleasant things. Thus shall he do in the greatest strongholds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory. And he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for a price. Daniel 11:36-39
During this period God will open the seals which are plagues that come upon the earth (Revelation 6) which are famine, death, destruction, earthquakes, cosmic disasters, the sun turns black, the moon turns red, stars fall from the sky... It will be so bad that people will hide themselves in dens and rocks of the mountains. For the great day of His wrath has come (Revelation 6:17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?Revelation 6 verse 17).
The Seven Seals (Revelation 6 - Revelation 8:1-6)
- (1) The ruler of the new world order
The antichrist comes on the scene to conquer the whole world.
- (2) Conflict on the earth
Peace will be taken from the earth so that people will kill one another.