Emergent Signs to Leave Your Church
Please note here that the writer of this article refers to the "second coming of Christ." We believe he is referring to the rapture. However, the 'rapture' and the 'second coming' are two separate events. Read the rapture for more information. -POR Admin-
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine... 2 Timothy 4:3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.2 Timothy 4 verse 3
Writer: Robbie van Staden | 24 June 2012
If you don't read your Bible, this would probably not mean much to you...
Warning Signs for your Church
Mainline Christian churches being blown away by false teachings. If your church shows any of these sick symptoms, you need to flee as fast as your feet will carry you.
- Scripture is no longer the ultimate authority as the basis for Christian Faith.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ is being replaced by humanistic methods promoting church growth and a social gospel!
- Little to no teaching on the second coming of Christ and the coming Judgments!
- That Jesus Christ will rule and reign in a literal millennial period is considered unbiblical and heretical.
- That the church has taken the place of Israel and Israel has no prophetic significance.
- That the book of Revelation does not refer to the future, but instead has been already fulfilled in the past or is allegorical.
- An experiential mystical form of Christianity begins to be promoted as a method to reach the postmodern generation.
- Teaching that Christianity needs to be reinvented in order to provide meaning for this generation.
- The pastor may implement an idea called "ancient-future" or "vintage Christianity" claiming that in order to take the church forward we need to go back in church history and find out what experiences were effective to get people to embrace Christianity.
- While the authority of the Word of God is undermined, images and sensual experiences are promoted as the key to experiencing and knowing God.
- These experiences include icons, candles, incense, liturgy, labyrinths, prayer stations, contemplative prayer, experiencing the sacraments (for Protestants) particularly the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- A strong emphasis on ecumenism indicating that a bridge is being established that leads in the direction of unity with the Roman Catholic Church. This will ultimately lead to the one world religion of Revelation.
- Protestant leaders are saying that the Reformation went too far. They are re-examining the claims of the "church fathers" saying that communion is more than a symbol and that Jesus actually becomes present in the wafer at communion.
- Some suggest there are many ways to God.
- Members of churches who question or resist the new changes that the pastor is implementing are reprimanded and usually asked to leave.
If you are over age 50, your opinion will not even matter.
If your church is displaying one or more of the warning signs, RUN because apostasy has placed its roots there!